Ross Chapman is Managing Director at obodo offering Product Design as a Service. He's a self-taught product designer and trainer and has run 150+ Design Sprints with teams all over the world including Google, McKinsey & WWF.
Regarded as one of the foremost Design Sprint facilitators in the World, Ross has run over 150+ design sprints with companies including Google, McKinsey & WWF. Ross is a contributor to the Official Remote Design Sprint guide and was a Google Sprint Chapter lead.
Ross has spoken at Google, Barclays and high-profile events including Mural Imagine and DesignMatters. He talks about Remote Design Sprints, virtual collaboration and growing a remote product design business. Email if you'd like to have him speak.
An industry expert at Hyper Island, Ross has created and executed design sprint training workshops all over the world. From workshops at Google, to 2-day Design Sprint training at Mural, he shares a lot of his expertise on the Remote Sprinters community.
Ross has designed workshops from scratch for companies including McKinsey & Company and Intuit. He can answer your question and share advice on running design sprints, selling Sprints as well as sharing design career advice. Check out Superpeer for more.
A prolific creator, Ross shares what he knows to help people grow. He's shared insights and recommendations in his newsletter that has spanned over 200 issues covering Design Sprints, Design Leadership and Innovation. He has built up a 2900 member Remote Design Sprint community over 3 years and has run countless webinars and meet-ups for the community.
If you'd like to talk to Ross, please send him an email.
- Hybrid is a design problem to solve w/ Ross Chapman, Head of Design - June 2021
- How Etch Group Became a Remote-First Organisation - March 2021
- The Future of Design - August 2020
- Remote Working in Design - July 2020
- Design Sprint As It Is - July 2020
- What Sets Digital Whiteboards Miro, Mural and Invision’s Freehand Apart? - July 2020
- What SofaConf 2020 Taught Me About Remote Working - July 2020
- Disrupting the World of Work: How Might We Work Better Together, Sprint to Success with Design Thinking podcast - April 2020
- GVDS Presents with Ross Chapman - October 2019
- DDS Podcast Ep 56 - July 2019
- Design Sprint Workshop Croatia - Interview with Ross Chapman - May 2019
- How to Stay Relevant, Positive, and Focus on Meaningful Work, Experiences of Insight podcast - April 2019
- The Design Sprint Cliff Edge - April 2019
- Design Sprint Workshop - March 2019
- Learn the Principles of the Design Sprint - January 2019
- 10 Questions with Ross Chapman - November 2018
Talks & Workshops
- How to run successful Hybrid Workshops - November 2021
- Imagining the Future of Hybrid Collaboration - August 2021
- Turn regular meetings into workshops - July 2021
- How to design a life you love through side hustles - June 2021
- ButterMixer Vol. 08: Dealing with FOMO in hybrid workshop collaboration with Ross Chapman - June 2021
- Q and A with Ross Chapman at SofaConf - June 2020
- Remote Sprints, SofaConf - June 2020
- Creating a Workshop Culture - May 2020
- Switch to Remote Workshops - April 2020
- Remote Facilitation - March 2020
- How to Save a Bad Meeting - March 2020
- That One Tactic That Adds Structure to Meetings - August 2020
- Don't Fear Conflict: Run Towards It - July 2020
- 7 Tips and Takeaways on Increasing Performance in your Remote Team - May 2020
- Etch Sprints in 2020 - December 2019
- Growing Pains - December 2019
- Handover Day - September 2019
- Three Tips to Make Production Better After a Design Sprint - August 2018
- The Last Three Companies I’ve Worked For - May 2018
- Pair design: Guidelines For Trying It Out in Your Next Design Sprint - May 2018
- Questions I get asked about Design Sprints - April 2018
- 6 Icebreaker Exercises That Don’t Suck - April 2018
- What Happens After the Design Sprint? - April 2018
- How Design Projects Can Align with Business Objectives - September 2017
- Making decisions with data - November 2015
Contact Ross by sending him an email.